Alesi Macedru joined the Howards team in September 2009. She graduated in 2004 with her Bachelors Degree in Law at the University of the South Pacific. She completed her Professional Diploma in Legal Practice at USP the following year. During her PDLP internship, she was attached as a judge's associate with former Chief Justice Anthony Gates. She is currently a member of the Fiji Law Society. Alesi worked for a private law firm prior to joining Howards in September 2009 and became a partner in December 2020.
Alesi's experience includes acting on large corporate, banking, finance, share sale agreements and providing due diligence advice on many significant corporate transactions. She is an expert in foreign investment, banking and finance, providing advice on property investments (residential, commercial and resorts) and share sale agreements. She has done a lot of due diligence work for investments worth millions of dollars.
Some examples of her work:
- Sale of shares in Fiji International Telecommunications Pte Limited (FINTEL)
- Sale of shares in Energy Fiji Limited
- Conversion of Vision Investments Limited from a private company to a publicly listed company under the South Pacific Stock Exchange
- Mergers and Acquisition of Higgins New Zealand
- Sale of shares in the Grand Pacific Hotel
- Providing legal advice and due diligence for the Southern Cross Cable project
- Drafting security and mortgage documents for the Royal Bank of Scotland to lease Boeing 737-800 to Air Pacific Limited.
- Providing legal advice on the breach of Nandos Franchise Agreement
- Preparation of financial agreements for the Asian Development Bank to finance Fiji Airways
- Preparation of security documents for Krung Thai Bank Public Company Limited
- Registration of trademarks for SCA Hygiene Australasia
- Providing advice on telecommunications, regulatory approvals and licensing permits for SITA on Air Switzerland Sarl